Does your Patient need that antibiotic?
Enhancing Registered Nurses Assessment and Medication Management Skills in the use of Antimicrobials
Get 8 Hours Health Practitioner Competency Training
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a major worldwide problem. The over prescribing and unnecessary prescribing of antibiotics has reached such a critical point, it is causing serious harm to humans. It is imperative that Registered Nurses have the knowledge and skills to engage in antimicrobial stewardship and sound decision making skills in the appropriate use of antibiotics.
1st November 2019
You will learn how to :
- To understand the mechanism of actions of antimicrobials.
- To explore the role of the body’s defence mechanism in fighting infection ( bacterial and viral) and its protective mechanism against diseases like cancer.
- Understand the emergence and pathogenesis of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in NZ and worldwide.
- To explore the role of nurses as antimicrobial steward.
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. View...
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 1st November 2019
Early Bird Closes 25th October 2019
|Investment: $150.00 incl. GST per person|
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 1st November 2019|
|Investment: $200.00 incl. GST per person|
Venue: St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St Ponsonby Auckland
Time: 0815 for 0830 start to 1630
Trainer: Dr Gigi Lim, PhD RCN, BScN, DipScPharm, MHSc, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Auckland is an enthusiastic presenter that has a gift to impart knowledge in a way all nurses can understand and apply. She provides up to date and comprehensive information that assists you to make sound clinical decision through clinical reasoning.
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue's cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
Payment must be made before attendance of the training unless prior arrangements have been made.
Comments from previous presentation by Dr Gigi Lim:
- Excellent presentation. Met my expectation. Appropriate to my clinical setting and knowledge will assist with my post grad education.
- Personally I have refreshed my knowledge of lab results, this presentation was very good.
- Gigi has a great ability at sharing her knowledge to make things easily understood.
- Comprehensive explanation of everything. Would love to attend other talks. Hope there is a way for all this information to get to all healthcare providers.
Have a problem you want to discuss or need some more information? Visit our blog!
We are passionate about empowerment through training.