To send a person to hospital or not to send to hospital – that is the question?
Increasing Registered Nurse Assessment Skills and Confidence To Make The Right Decision
Get 8 Hours Health Practitioner Competency Training in 2 days
The aim of this Clinical Update is to bridge the gap between the public and private sector by increasing the competence and critical thinking skills of the private sector clinicians and avoid unnecessary hospital admissions. Being able to judge and assess the current situation to make the correct decision will keep people out of the public hospital system and foster good relationships between both sectors.
You will learn how to
- Quickly assess the situation to make the right decision
- Trust your judgement and skills in assessing a person
- Be confident in dealing with families in crisis
- Increase sensitivity to older people in care
- Keeping up to date with clinical skills will increase personal confidence
- Provide evidence-based nursing practice to your decisions
- Apply the assessment data to the InteRai framework
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. View...
Venue: St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St Ponsonby Auckland
Time: 0815 for 0830 start to 1630
Trainer: Dr Jed Montayre PhD, Senior Lecturer, Dept of Health Studies, Auckland University of Technology. Jed has a strong interest in gerontology and is currently working on a research on missed nursing care in the aged care sector. He is currently exploring omissions of care and how to address these issues.
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue's cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
Payment must be made before attendance of the training unless prior arrangements have been made.
Comments from previous presentation by Dr Jed Montayre:
- Very educational and helpful when making decisions. You will feel confident and supported. Enjoyed case studies, different inputs.
- Very useful information giving me the confidence in my nursing practice to make good decisions. Enjoyed all of it.
- Liked up to date info presented and case studies. Really enjoyed this session and learned a lot. - Kate Vivas-Capiral.
- Excellent value. Makes nurses think about the clinical rationale responsibility for making justified decisions.
- Always learn at these courses but this was especially so today. Presenters knowledge and enthusiasm.
Have a problem you want to discuss or need some more information? Visit our blog!
We are passionate about empowerment through training.