Understanding the principles behind precision medicine – the future of drug therapy
Auckland 2nd August 2019
Drug therapy is changing around the world. There have been amazing breakthroughs that Gigi Lim has been fortunate to discover from her research/sabbatical in the UK and USA. Nurses cannot afford to be in the dark with precision management principles. This will most definitely improve population outcomes across the who spectrum of care.
Including Genetics/Genomics in a Professional Nursing Career – implications of the genomic era for nurses
- Learn basic principles of genetics and genomics that is useful in clinical practice ( difference between monogenic and polygenic causes)
- Understand the applications of genomic principles to patient care. E.g. pharmacogenomics, genetic assessment family tree
- To understand basic principles of precision medicines ( eg. Cancer drugs, anti-rheumatoid medicines, biologics)
- Increase awareness of the role of genetic counselling
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 2nd August 2019
Early Bird Closes 26th July 2019
|Investment: $150.00 incl. GST per person|
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 2nd August 2019|
|Investment: $200.00 incl. GST per person|
Trainer: Dr Anecita Gigi Lim PhD RCN, BScN, DipScPharm, MHSc, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, University of Auckland is an enthusiastic presenter that will help you understand these conditions and improve health outcomes for those in your care by providing you with comprehensive, current information that assists you to make informed clinical decision and deliver safe nursing care.
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. View...
Venue: St Columba Centre 40 Vermont St Ponsonby Auckland
Time: 0815 for 0830 start to 1630
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue's cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
Payment must be made before attendance of the training unless prior arrangements have been made.
Comments from other presentations by Gigi:
- Excellent presentation. Met my expectation. Appropriate to my clinical setting and knowledge will assist with my post grad education,
- Personally I have refreshed my knowledge of lab results, this presentation was very good.
- Gigi has a great ability at sharing her knowledge to make things easily understood.
- Comprehensive explanation of everything. Would love to attend other talks. Hope there is a way for all this information to get to all healthcare providers.
Have a problem you want to discuss or need some more information? Visit our blog!
We are passionate about empowerment through training.