Do You Know How To Manage Stroke People?
Clinical Update on Stroke Management
Get 8 Hours Health Practitioner Competency Training
0830 – 1600 hrs
All About Stroke - you will learn:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the brain explained in an exciting way that only Dr Slark can explain and the Aetiology of stroke
- Assessment and Diagnosis – what are the early signs and tips for diagnosis
- Introduction to stroke investigations and imaging – current investigations that assist with early diagnosis
- Acute care interventions – Hyper acute stroke patient care and the latest interventions to reduce death and disability
- Management and symptom control – keeping the person comfortable and stable for recovery
- Primary and secondary prevention – now they are out of the acute stage, what next in the road to getting back to life
- Psychosocial impact of stroke – more than the stroke survivor – impact on the wider family/whanau
Dr Julia Slark, PhD RN Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, University of Auckland. Julia has 15 years Neuroscience nursing experience and was a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Stroke for 12 years prior to coming to NZ. She was part of the team that set up the "Hub & Spoke" model at Imperial College NHS Trust in the UK. Currently responsible for co-ordinating the specialist stroke nursing paper at University of Auckland & Academic Director of Bachelor of Nursing programme. Her PhD focused on "Risk awareness as a tool to improve secondary stroke prevention." Julia has many published articles on Stroke both from a clinical and academic perspective.
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. View >>
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue's cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
What people said about Julia's previous Clinical Update:
- Julia’s enthusiasm & passion is contagious. Great source of knowledge. Was overall fun – fantastic in fact.
- Presentation was very productive and interesting, relevant, useful topic.
- Very informative, presented with enthusiasm & indepth knowledge & useful examples & enjoyable.
- Great enthusiastic speaker.
- Excellent and superb presenter.
- Excellent. Good mixture of learning material, work groups.
- Lecturer was very clear, added humour.
Have a problem you want to discuss or need some more information? Visit our blog!
We are passionate about empowerment through training.